For science, we have been learning about all the characteristics that living things do that means they are living.
We will be successful if we talk about some of the things something needs to do to be living.
Breathe, Eat, Drink, Reproduce, Move, Grow
We decided to do some guess who writing for you! We chose a living thing and wrote a description of this living thing. Can you guess what my one is....
It's a cheetah!
Well done Kevin. You were able to explain why a cheetah is a living thing.
We are learning about Pitch
- High and low sounds
- Creating a pitch map
- Making ascending and descending melodic patterns
We are learning about beat and rhythmic patterns.
We did Music with Mr McCallum. We sang Ahaka Ma. It was fantastic. We can watch Harry Potter. We had a big circle. We did the Dinosaur Stomp too.
Labels: The Arts
We are learning to sort shapes by their characteristics
We will know we are successful when we:
- use words like - shape, line, straight, curved, corners, edges, sides
- think about different ways to sort the shapes
- talk about how and why we sorted the shapes
The Learning Process
- First, the children listened to the teacher describe a creature and they drew what they heard.
- Then they wrote about their creature, using descriptive words.
- Next, they shared their writing with a talking partner to "Give one -Take one" - share words that they could add to their own descriptions.
- Finally, they worked on their writing again to make it better.
I am learning to:
- Use words to build a picture in my own mind
- Use descriptive words in my writing
- Use talking and sharing my ideas as a way to make my own writing better.
I am learning to create and perform a sequence which links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.
I will be successful when I create and perform a sequence that links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.
Labels: Health & Physical Education